Standard Life Investments Lifts Multi-Asset Manager Of The Year Award
08 October 2014
Global investment manager, Standard Life Investments today announced that it has won the Multi-Asset Manager of the Year category at the Financial News 2014 Awards for Excellence.
To win the award, Standard Life Investments beat off competition from BlackRock Investment Management; Baillie Gifford; Investec Asset Management and Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners. This year’s awards were judged by a panel of around 80 industry judges.
Standard Life Investments multi-asset offering includes the £35.4bn1 Global Absolute Returns Strategies (GARS) Fund launched in 2006; the Absolute Returns Global Bonds Strategies (ARGBS) fund launched in 2011; Global Focussed Strategies (GFS) Fund launched in 2013 and the Enhanced Diversification Growth Fund (EDGF) launched in 2013.
Keith Skeoch, Chief Executive Officer, Standard Life Investments said:
"These awards stand in firm recognition of Standard Life Investments being a founder of providing multi-asset investment solutions to our clients. Implementing our focus on change investment philosophy, our team of over 40 multi-asset investment professionals has been intrinsic in ensuring that the GARS Fund has delivered long term impressive performance and continues to attract the attention of investors looking to mitigate risk whilst returning robust investment returns to our clients."
"The team, headed by Guy Stern, who has been responsible for the day to day running of our multi-asset investments since 2008, also draws on the collective expertise of more than 300 investment professionals globally. My thanks go to the multi-asset investing team at large who have worked hard to significantly broaden our offering in multi-asset capabilities over the years. We lead the way in the multi-asset space and I am confident that we will continue to produce strong fund performance and innovation for our clients in the future."
Standard Life Investments was also shortlisted in the Asset Manager of the Decade category and Ignis Asset Management, which was acquired by Standard Life Investments in July 2014, was short-listed for Money Market Fund Manager of the Year. During the last decade, Standard Life Investments has seen -
- Third party AUM increase over six-fold from £15.9bn to £108.0bn*
- An unbroken decade of third party net inflows with cumulative net inflows of £60.6bn representing a ten year CAGR of 17%, accounting for two-thirds of the increase in AUM
- Third party net inflows from overseas clients increase from 3% to 57%
- Operating profit increase over ten-fold from £6.4m to £104m
- Excellent investment performance with third party AUM above benchmark: one year 87%; three years 89%; five years 91%; ten years 81%
- Standard Life Investments became the largest active manager of purely UK Pension Assets, up from 20th position in 2004**
- Standard Life Investments move from 39th in 2004 to 5th in 2014 for UK retail AUM***
* If the £59bn of Ignis Asset Management funds, as at 31 Dec 2013, are included the increase is over ten-fold.
** Source FT research.
*** Standard Life Investments