Our experience in operating across many different investment cycles and markets provides us with the context to manage change. Throughout these cycles, we have the people, philosophy and proficiency of process to plot what we believe is the right course for our clients’ assets.
We understand and value the role played by all our people in delivering exceptional performance. Each individual is accomplished in their own right. However, uniting all our distinct talents through teamwork is what really creates the unique advantage for our clients.
At Standard Life Investments we believe our business is successful because our clients and customers around the world have confidence that we have a depth of expertise, a commitment to excellence and a unique team of talented people dedicated to their needs.
The Lions are special. Four proud nations, one team, coming together to take on the ultimate challenge: to beat the best, to become legends.
With an active management style, our team of dedicated equity investment professionals is focused on generating consistent performance.
Private equity funds provide a compelling means for investors to enhance performance and diversify their portfolios.www.slcapital.com
We offer a wide range of government, investment grade credit, high-yield credit, emerging market debt, inflation-linked bond and multi-asset bond strategies.
Standard Life Investments is one of the largest real estate investment managers in the world.
Standard Life Investments is increasingly gaining a reputation as a provider of innovative multi-asset investment solutions.
To meet the evolving needs of insurers, we have developed capabilities across a broad range of asset classes.
- ESG Investment
- What is governance and stewardship?
- The UK Stewardship Code
- How we discharge our stewardship responsibilities
- Our policy for managing conflicts of interests
- How we monitor our investee companies
- Our guidelines for escalating engagement
- Our willingness to act collectively with other investors
- Our policy on voting and voting disclosure
- How we report on stewardship to our clients
- Our team
- Letters, Statements & Articles
- News & Events
- Useful links
- Governance & Stewardship Annual Review
- Our insight
The House View process provides a consistent macroeconomic framework to analysing global financial markets.
Our Head of Global Strategy, Andrew Milligan, introduces the latest edition of Global Outlook, a summary of our House View.
Standard Life Investments’ Global Strategy team provide regular analysis of the key economic data that has been influencing financial markets.
Our global strategists combine valuable experience, thorough research and analysis to tackle major issues of the moment.
We’re committed to attracting and retaining the talented individuals necessary to maintain our position as one of the world's leading investment houses.
We’re firm believers in only recruiting individuals who we know will contribute to the overall success of the company. This calls for diverse skills and talents, so our recruitment process aims to highlight these attributes in each prospective employee.
Search for our latest vacancies. Find out all you need to know about current opportunities with us, and how to apply.
View our latest Press Releases.
Our dedication to meeting your financial needs is what drives us to deliver excellent performance. We've been delighted to receive a raft of industry awards in recognition of this commitment.
We regularly contribute to debate on topical issues shaping the investment management industry. Below you’ll find our most recently published articles, together with an archive.
We've included some background information on our press team to help you put a face to a name.
Putting your concerns into practice
Nowadays there’s an ever-increasing awareness of environmental problems, such as biodiversity loss and the need for waste reduction, and social issues such as responsible sourcing and human rights. Consumers are expressing more concern about the impact of companies’ behaviour on the social and global environment.
We’ve outlined the following policies in response to your concerns. In our view, companies should:
- accept responsibility for the environmental impacts of their activities and endeavour to achieve best practice standards in the management and reduction of those impacts
- inform shareholders of the policies and practices they have adopted to ensure that they meet their obligations to manage their environmental responsibilities
- respect internationally recognised labour rights and provide safe and healthy working environments for their employees
- take reasonable steps to ensure that the impact of their operations should be positive and not violate internationally recognised standards on human rights
- demonstrate a commitment to best practice standards of business ethics
- ensure their boards exercise effective oversight and direction in respect of corporate responsibility policies and practices.
We recognise that the management of environmental and social responsibilities is subject to many factors, and take into account the particular circumstances, industries and locations in which the companies operate.