We understand and value the role played by all our people in delivering exceptional performance. Each individual is accomplished in their own right. However, uniting all our distinct talents through teamwork is what really creates the unique advantage for our clients.
At Standard Life Investments we believe our business is successful because our clients and customers around the world have confidence that we have a depth of expertise, a commitment to excellence and a unique team of talented people dedicated to their needs.
The Lions are special. Four proud nations, one team, coming together to take on the ultimate challenge: to beat the best, to become legends.
Private equity funds provide a compelling means for investors to enhance performance and diversify their portfolios.www.slcapital.com
We offer a wide range of government, investment grade credit, high-yield credit, emerging market debt, inflation-linked bond and multi-asset bond strategies.
Standard Life Investments is one of the largest real estate investment managers in the world.
Standard Life Investments is increasingly gaining a reputation as a provider of innovative multi-asset investment solutions.
To meet the evolving needs of insurers, we have developed capabilities across a broad range of asset classes.
- ESG Investment
- What is governance and stewardship?
- The UK Stewardship Code
- How we discharge our stewardship responsibilities
- Our policy for managing conflicts of interests
- How we monitor our investee companies
- Our guidelines for escalating engagement
- Our willingness to act collectively with other investors
- Our policy on voting and voting disclosure
- How we report on stewardship to our clients
- Our team
- Letters, Statements & Articles
- News & Events
- Useful links
- Governance & Stewardship Annual Review
- Our insight
Our Head of Global Strategy, Andrew Milligan, introduces the latest edition of Global Outlook, a summary of our House View.
Standard Life Investments’ Global Strategy team provide regular analysis of the key economic data that has been influencing financial markets.
Our global strategists combine valuable experience, thorough research and analysis to tackle major issues of the moment.
We’re firm believers in only recruiting individuals who we know will contribute to the overall success of the company. This calls for diverse skills and talents, so our recruitment process aims to highlight these attributes in each prospective employee.
Search for our latest vacancies. Find out all you need to know about current opportunities with us, and how to apply.
View our latest Press Releases.
Our dedication to meeting your financial needs is what drives us to deliver excellent performance. We've been delighted to receive a raft of industry awards in recognition of this commitment.
We regularly contribute to debate on topical issues shaping the investment management industry. Below you’ll find our most recently published articles, together with an archive.
We've included some background information on our press team to help you put a face to a name.
- 02 December 2016 Co-ordinating policy
- 02 December 2016 Implications of a world of low numbers
- 02 December 2016 Standard Life Investments Q&A with InsurerAM News
- 02 December 2016 Tech-savvy Millennial generation prompts evolution of ethical investment
- 04 August 2016 Abenomics is failing to deliver feel-good factor
- 22 July 2016 Curious correlations: The importance of relationships
- 22 July 2016 Solvency Solutions
- 14 July 2016 A brave new world post – Brexit?
- 13 July 2016 How to prepare for appointing a charity investment manager
- 09 June 2016 Modern Investor - Solvency Solutions
- 06 June 2016 Looking for Yield? Come Check out the US Corporate Bond Market
- 23 May 2016 60-second interview with Julie Hutchison
- 16 May 2016 A portfolio for turbulent times
- 09 May 2016 Success and failure in social media
- 06 May 2016 Pass the pension
- 28 April 2016 Security industry: changing with the times
- 25 April 2016 Where next for the investment cycle?
- 19 April 2016 Undiscovered gems in European Smaller Companies: Success of the German Mittelstand
- 11 April 2016 Global Income Stock Selection in a Volatile World
- 01 April 2016 Climate change resilience for charities
- 17 March 2016 Paralysis by analysis: Why too much information can lead to stagnation
- 16 March 2016 Fine tuning: how SLI is coping with the new regulatory hurdles
- 18 February 2016 Why 'value' can be a misleading buy signal
- 21 January 2016 Citywire - January starts with a whimper…
- 19 January 2016 Do I need a wealth manager or financial adviser?
- 18 January 2016 A world of low numbers
- 18 January 2016 Christmas wish
- 09 December 2015 Grappling with the brave new world for bond yields
- 04 December 2015 The key unknowns in the US equity market
- 24 November 2015 China’s migrant challenge
- 16 November 2015 Opportunities in European Banks
- 29 October 2015 IMF economic outlook suggests a defensive stance may be best
- 27 October 2015 Shop around the clock
- 21 October 2015 A long-term perspective soothes day-to-day fears
- 20 October 2015 The changing values of society will drive demand for a new type of investment
- 07 October 2015 Media – disruptions and opportunities
- 01 October 2015 No China crisis yet, but the signs look worrying
- 29 September 2015 China - Running out of options
- 25 September 2015 SLI's Ennett: 'Yields more' does not equal 'cheap' for bonds
- 09 September 2015 Unconstrained investing strategy captures opportunities in European equity
- 03 September 2015 No summer break as Chinese sell-off spooks markets
- 01 September 2015 Chinese bond markets – a policy shift
- 12 August 2015 Citywire Bruce’s Blog, May 2015
- 06 August 2015 Time to refocus attention on corporate earnings
- 01 July 2015 Solvency Solutions
- 18 June 2015 Citywire - Investment Committee
- 17 June 2015 Due Diligence Chinese Equity Funds
- 29 April 2015 Citywire - Chinese equities face revaluation if dragon unleashes QE
- 06 March 2015 Citywire - Hysteria over FTSE highs belies its story on cashflow
- 11 February 2015 Professional Paraplanner - Does the 21st century belong to India?
- 01 February 2015 Professional Adviser - More grey hairs for 2015?
- 08 January 2015 Citywire - Hostage to the fortunes of oil and politics
- 05 January 2015 Financial Adviser - The fallout from the global financial crisis
- 02 December 2014 The CA Magazine - Defusing the fiscal time-bomb
- 01 June 2014 Citywire - Beware Rising Oil Prices
- 01 June 2014 Investment Week - UK Equity Income Outlook
- 15 May 2014 Investment Week - A Tactical Play for Commodities
- 01 May 2014 Professional Adviser - How to Find Tomorrow’s Mid- and Large-Caps Today
- 01 May 2014 Shares Magazine - Activism - The Expert's View
- 01 April 2014 Investment Week – US Equities Outlook
- 10 October 2013 Borsen Zeitung (Germany) - Global Real Estate: Diversification to underpin attractive long term real returns
- 01 October 2013 Investment Adviser, Fund Selector - October 2013
- 23 September 2013 Investment Week – Japan
- 20 September 2013 Fundfire (US) - Managers Should Seize Global Credit Opportunities
- 10 September 2013 Investment Week – Bull Bear - Japan
- 09 September 2013 The Big Question - What is your emerging market strategy following the recent sell-off?
- 10 August 2013 Investment Week – Bull Bear – Inflation Linked Bonds
- 09 August 2013 Investment Adviser - Multi Manager Column – August 2013
- 22 July 2013 Key risks and opportunities for investors in the second half of the year
- 15 May 2013 UK Housing - how sound a recovery?
- 30 April 2013 CNN Money (US) - Dividend diamonds in the European rough
- 12 March 2013 Investment Adviser – Trade of the Week – Global Equities
- 19 November 2012 Investment Adviser
- 01 November 2012 FX&MM - Currency Round-up - November 2012
- 01 November 2012 A Battle Royal
- 01 November 2012 Professional Adviser - November 2012
- 23 October 2012 Investment Week - US Equities
- 01 October 2012 GARS Overview
- 28 May 2012 US Economy - Growing conviction
- 26 May 2012 Expert View - Outlook on UK and Global Dividends
- 15 May 2012 Do Institutional Investors Need Tail Risk Insurance?
- 14 May 2012 Investment Adviser - View from the top
- 14 April 2012 The Scotsman - Bond opportunities
- 01 April 2012 Asset Allocator’s Soapbox - Transports of delight?
- 29 March 2012 Investment Week - UK Equities