Our experience in operating across many different investment cycles and markets provides us with the context to manage change. Throughout these cycles, we have the people, philosophy and proficiency of process to plot what we believe is the right course for our clients’ assets.
We understand and value the role played by all our people in delivering exceptional performance. Each individual is accomplished in their own right. However, uniting all our distinct talents through teamwork is what really creates the unique advantage for our clients.
At Standard Life Investments we believe our business is successful because our clients and customers around the world have confidence that we have a depth of expertise, a commitment to excellence and a unique team of talented people dedicated to their needs.
The Lions are special. Four proud nations, one team, coming together to take on the ultimate challenge: to beat the best, to become legends.
With an active management style, our team of dedicated equity investment professionals is focused on generating consistent performance.
Private equity funds provide a compelling means for investors to enhance performance and diversify their portfolios.www.slcapital.com
We offer a wide range of government, investment grade credit, high-yield credit, emerging market debt, inflation-linked bond and multi-asset bond strategies.
Standard Life Investments is one of the largest real estate investment managers in the world.
Standard Life Investments is increasingly gaining a reputation as a provider of innovative multi-asset investment solutions.
To meet the evolving needs of insurers, we have developed capabilities across a broad range of asset classes.
- ESG Investment
- What is governance and stewardship?
- The UK Stewardship Code
- How we discharge our stewardship responsibilities
- Our policy for managing conflicts of interests
- How we monitor our investee companies
- Our guidelines for escalating engagement
- Our willingness to act collectively with other investors
- Our policy on voting and voting disclosure
- How we report on stewardship to our clients
- Our team
- Letters, Statements & Articles
- News & Events
- Useful links
- Governance & Stewardship Annual Review
- Our insight
The House View process provides a consistent macroeconomic framework to analysing global financial markets.
Our Head of Global Strategy, Andrew Milligan, introduces the latest edition of Global Outlook, a summary of our House View.
Standard Life Investments’ Global Strategy team provide regular analysis of the key economic data that has been influencing financial markets.
Our global strategists combine valuable experience, thorough research and analysis to tackle major issues of the moment.
We’re committed to attracting and retaining the talented individuals necessary to maintain our position as one of the world's leading investment houses.
We’re firm believers in only recruiting individuals who we know will contribute to the overall success of the company. This calls for diverse skills and talents, so our recruitment process aims to highlight these attributes in each prospective employee.
Search for our latest vacancies. Find out all you need to know about current opportunities with us, and how to apply.
View our latest Press Releases.
Our dedication to meeting your financial needs is what drives us to deliver excellent performance. We've been delighted to receive a raft of industry awards in recognition of this commitment.
We regularly contribute to debate on topical issues shaping the investment management industry. Below you’ll find our most recently published articles, together with an archive.
We've included some background information on our press team to help you put a face to a name.
- 21 March 2017 What makes politics tick? Understanding political risk in markets.
- 01 February 2017 Standard Life Investments continues to hold boards to account
- 30 January 2017 Standard Life Investments expands Real Estate research team
- 23 January 2017 Standard Life Investments Strengthens ESG Investment Team
- 10 January 2017 Regime change – 2017 a pivotal year for policy
- 19 December 2016 Climbing the Wall of Worry - A Look Ahead to 2017
- 13 December 2016 Standard Life Investments appoints new Head of Investments
- 21 November 2016 Time for a fiscal push?
- 16 November 2016 MyFolio Hits the £10bn Mark
- 15 November 2016 Time to rewrite the UK's fiscal rulebook
- 02 November 2016 Lions Jersey is the Perfect Fit for Standard Life Investments
- 27 October 2016 Standard Life Investments Short-Dated Corporate Bond Fund
- 14 October 2016 Standard Life Wealth Appoints New Head of Business Management and Strategy
- 12 October 2016 Standard Life Investments announces new team in Singapore
- 10 October 2016 When politics and policy collide
- 06 October 2016 Standard Life Investments Extends Ryder Cup Deal to Paris 2018
- 04 October 2016 Smart Beta questions with active management answers
- 26 September 2016 Standard Life Investments UK Real Estate Fund
- 22 September 2016 Standard Life Investments launches Enhanced-Diversification Multi-Asset Fund
- 20 September 2016 Trio of 'Euro Clubs' to hit €1 Billion equity raise target
- 19 September 2016 Mastering Financial Stress
- 05 September 2016 China at a crossroads
- 15 August 2016 Standard Life Investments strengthens ESG investment team
- 19 July 2016 What will trigger a rise in long-term interest rates?
- 21 June 2016 Standard Life Investments Grows Japan Team
- 16 June 2016 Standard Life Investments launches American Equity Income Fund
- 14 June 2016 Standard Life Investments and Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank Strengthen Collaboration
- 03 June 2016 Standard Life Investments Long Lease Fund Purchases Glasgow Student Accommodation
- 24 May 2016 Royal Dutch Shell AGM Statement
- 10 May 2016 Bosera and Standard Life Investments launch Global Emerging Opportunities Bond Funds
- 28 April 2016 2016 Ryder Cup captains ring the NASDAQ Market opening bell
- 28 April 2016 Standard Life Investments expands in Japan
- 18 April 2016 New Pensions Solutions team and pooled fund for Standard Life Investments
- 13 April 2016 Are the recession alarm bells ringing?
- 04 April 2016 Standard Life Wealth strengthens Charities Team
- 02 March 2016 The Global World of Governance & Stewardship
- 17 February 2016 Standard Life Investments appoints new director of change and technology
- 08 February 2016 Where are we in the credit cycle?
- 04 February 2016 Standard Life Investments appoints new head of stewardship and ESG investment
- 13 January 2016 Structural Reforms in China
- 11 January 2016 Standard Life Investments to partner The British & Irish Lions
- 22 December 2015 Reasons to be Highly Selective in 2016
- 14 December 2015 Pressure and Change in the European Insurance Sector
- 27 November 2015 Choosing Between Emerging Market Economies Is Key For 2016
- 18 November 2015 Standard Life Investments Extends Partnership With John Hancock Investments
- 20 October 2015 Standard Life Investments Highlights the Impact of Millennials on Values Based Investing
- 08 October 2015 The implications of financial stress
- 17 September 2015 Standard Life Investments completes purchase of Swedish retail park
- 31 August 2015 Standard Life Investments Property Income Trust Rebalances Portfolio
- 29 July 2015 Standard Life Investments appoints Multi-Asset Investment Directors in Asia
- 27 July 2015 Standard Life Investments' £18M Confidence in UK Regional Property
- 01 July 2015 GEM Equity Fund - A Cut Above the Rest
- 22 June 2015 Standard Life Investments buys South East industrial asset and launches sale of mixed portfolio
- 02 June 2015 Emerging Market Risks Hotting Up
- 28 May 2015 Little Positive About Negative Rates
- 22 April 2015 Standard Life Investments Increases Global Real Estate Reach
- 09 April 2015 The Impact of ECB QE
- 23 March 2015 A Decade of Investing in China – The Emerging Superpower
- 12 March 2015 Made in India
- 18 February 2015 Standard Life Investments builds out Infrastructure Debt team
- 17 February 2015 Mind the gap - USA v Europe
- 30 January 2015 UK Equity Income Unconstrained Flying High
- 29 January 2015 Standard Life Investments Property Income Trust Converts to a REIT
- 26 January 2015 Oil’s perfect storm
- 21 January 2015 Global Equity Income - Super Trouper
- 08 January 2015 Global Equity Unconstrained Opens to Overseas Investors
- 19 December 2014 Standard Life Investments Property Fund Secures Major Edinburgh Pre-Let
- 19 December 2014 Standard Life Investments Expands Global Footprint
- 18 December 2014 2015 Pivotal Year for Global Markets
- 11 December 2014 A new choice for GEM
- 27 November 2014 Standard Life Investments' Thomas Moore Wins 'One to Watch'
- 25 November 2014 Defusing the Fiscal Timebomb
- 21 November 2014 Standard Life Investments Reinforces Multi-Asset Capability
- 10 November 2014 Standard Life Investments Strengthens European Equities Team
- 28 October 2014 Standard Life Investments secures Global Equity Mandate in Denmark
- 17 October 2014 Standard Life Investments Wins 'Large Investment Group' Award
- 15 October 2014 Can Emerging Markets Stand the Heat?
- 13 October 2014 Ignis integration update
- 08 October 2014 Standard Life Investments Lifts Multi-Asset Manager Of The Year Award
- 06 October 2014 Standard Life Investments Enhances Infrastructure Investment Capability
- 02 October 2014 How Do you Solve a Problem Like the Euro?
- 24 September 2014 The Rise and Fall of Labour and Capital
- 16 September 2014 Short Duration Global Index Linked Bond Fund
- 15 September 2014 MyFolio Fund Solutions team senior appointment
- 04 September 2014 Standard Life Investments Enters Into Global Collaboration Agreement with Manulife
- 29 August 2014 Standard Life Investments U.S. Sales Team Adds Insurance Expertise
- 27 August 2014 High five for MyFolio
- 25 August 2014 New Director for Sweden
- 14 August 2014 Real Assets, Real Potential
- 13 August 2014 Standard Life Investments Delivers Defining Decade
- 04 August 2014 Standard Life Investments Announces Smaller Companies Appointment
- 10 July 2014 From Shareholder Spring to Shareholder Consultation
- 01 July 2014 Standard Life Investments Completes Acquisition of Ignis Asset Management
- 27 June 2014 Scenario Analysis - The Way Forward
- 24 June 2014 Ethical Investing for the Long Term
- 24 June 2014 Real Estate Appointment by Standard Life Investments
- 06 May 2014 The M&A Cycle Speeds Up
- 02 May 2014 Awards Double Whammy for Standard Life Investments
- 03 April 2014 Focus on longer term fundamentals
- 03 April 2014 Global Equity Unconstrained Fund breaks £100m on the back of strong performance
- 02 April 2014 Hedged share classes for Japanese Equity Growth Fund
- 26 March 2014 Standard Life Investments strengthens strategic position through acquisition of Ignis Asset Management
- 20 March 2014 MyFolio - New shoots for a spring of growth
- 20 March 2014 Power to the people
- 17 March 2014 Standard Life Investments combines Macro And Micro investment opportunities
- 03 March 2014 Governance & Stewardship under review
- 28 February 2014 Gerry Rocchi appointed to Standard Life Investments’ board
- 12 February 2014 Weaker Yen: No Cure for Japan's Ills
- 05 February 2014 Building the momentum for effective investor stewardship
- 29 January 2014 GARS on track in Europe
- 20 January 2014 Corporate cash is key to growth of risk assets in 2014
- 15 January 2014 Five Years at the Helm of UK Equity Income Unconstrained
- 09 January 2014 Standard Life Investments launches Short Duration Credit Fund
- 09 January 2014 Standard Life Investments goes double Dutch
- 12 December 2013 Governance & Stewardship Principles and Policy Guidelines strengthened
- 09 December 2013 The economic and market outlook for 2014
- 02 December 2013 Top Performer - UK Equity Unconstrained Fund
- 22 November 2013 Marketing excellence treble
- 21 November 2013 Standard Life Wealth joins Standard Life Investments
- 20 November 2013 Standard Life Investments UK Property PAIF joins Transact platform
- 08 November 2013 A broader vision for competitiveness
- 31 October 2013 Standard Life Investments enhances DC strategy
- 10 October 2013 Hat-trick for Standard Life Investments
- 03 October 2013 Sustainable Earnings replaces Sustainable Yield
- 01 October 2013 MyFolio a hit with investors
- 30 September 2013 Standard Life Investments appoints new Head of SRI
- 25 September 2013 Standard Life Investments hires Virginia Devereux Wong as head of Wholesale in Asia
- 23 September 2013 UK Equity Income Unconstrained breaks through £200m
- 18 September 2013 Standard Life Investments focuses on commercial real estate debt
- 18 September 2013 Standard Life Investments launches Canadian Real Estate Fund for global investors
- 11 September 2013 Man versus machine
- 27 August 2013 PAIFs the way for Standard Life Investments
- 31 July 2013 John Hancock launches new fund with Standard Life Investments
- 02 July 2013 Standard Life Investments appoints head of commercial Real Estate Debt
- 27 June 2013 Is the West resembling Japan?
- 24 June 2013 Standard Life Investments launches new Emerging Market Debt Fund
- 07 June 2013 Standard Life Investments appointment
- 03 June 2013 Standard Life Investments means business in Europe
- 16 May 2013 Harvard & Stockholm duo scoop Standard Life Investments finance prize
- 13 May 2013 Old age isn’t so bad when you consider the alternatives
- 06 May 2013 Standard Life Investments is tri-umphant at Professional Pensions Awards
- 22 April 2013 Standard Life Investments appoints new Senior International Economist
- 15 April 2013 Standard Life Investments’ Euro vision
- 09 April 2013 What can western economies learn from Japan’s experiences
- 04 April 2013 The regulatory pendulum
- 26 March 2013 California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS) invests with Standard Life Investments
- 14 March 2013 Standard life investments 3rd party AUM break through 50% milestone
- 13 March 2013 Japanese assets - To buy or not to buy, that is the question
- 13 March 2013 Reaching Consensus: aligning the interests of executives, shareholders and investors
- 04 March 2013 Standard Life Investments new appointment for EMD
- 27 February 2013 Standard Life Investments lifts the lid on Governance & Stewardship
- 25 February 2013 Standard Life Investments becomes first Worldwide Partner in Ryder Cup history
- 12 February 2013 The emergence of emerging markets
- 08 February 2013 Incoming award for MyFolio
- 01 February 2013 GARS goes platinum
- 31 January 2013 It’s a small world for Standard Life Investments
- 21 January 2013 Long term returns a 10 year view
- 31 December 2012 UKCPT owned properties achieve environmental standard
- 18 December 2012 The Outlook for 2013
- 17 December 2012 GEM primed for income
- 10 December 2012 Standard Life Investments provides fixed income solution for Cumbria County Council
- 06 December 2012 Standard Life Investments improves voting transparency
- 22 November 2012 Celtic Collections
- 19 November 2012 MyFolio – going for gold
- 13 November 2012 Why real estate, why now?
- 05 November 2012 Standard Life Investments appointment
- 30 October 2012 Standard Life Investments expands global emerging markets range
- 26 October 2012 GARS wins 100 club award
- 25 October 2012 New fund emerges from Standard Life Investments
- 18 October 2012 Sustainable and responsible european credit fund
- 16 October 2012 Home truths
- 12 October 2012 Kissing frogs in Europe
- 12 October 2012 UKCPT secures 8,000 sq ft letting to Sportsdirect Ltd at No. 190-192 High Street Kensington, London
- 03 October 2012 Standard Life Investments' Long Lease Property Fund Reaches One Billion Pound Milestone
- 02 October 2012 Magnificent seven
- 01 October 2012 Standard Life Investments appoints John Devine as a Non-Executive Director
- 25 September 2012 Billion dollar baby
- 24 September 2012 Long Term Investing – The Way Forward
- 18 September 2012 Standard Life Investments announces new Head of Global Equities
- 17 September 2012 Standard Life Investments’ European Equity credentials recognised
- 12 September 2012 Testing times for policy makers
- 11 September 2012 Standard Life Investments welcomes back Wesley McCoy
- 07 September 2012 Harry Nimmo – outstanding investor
- 09 August 2012 Standard Life Investments adds to global real estate capability
- 25 July 2012 Standard Life Investments’ Canadian Real Estate Fund reaches $1 billion dollar milestone
- 13 July 2012 Standard Life Investments gets RDR ready
- 11 July 2012 Pockets of growth amidst slowdown
- 06 July 2012 High performance GARS
- 04 July 2012 GARS hits the spot in Sweden
- 27 June 2012 GARS in tuition
- 26 June 2012 A demographic perspective
- 21 June 2012 Hutton On Hutton - One Year On
- 20 June 2012 Standard Life offers enhanced reporting for MyFolio with ‘Lookthrough’ Tool
- 13 June 2012 A mountain of cash
- 12 June 2012 Standard Life Investments’ acquires Cheshire based Tesco
- 06 June 2012 Standard Life Investments grows U.S. capability
- 28 May 2012 Standard Life Investments launches Global Emerging Markets OEIC
- 17 May 2012 Standard Life Investments secures European Corporate Bond mandate
- 09 May 2012 Earth, water, fire and air
- 26 April 2012 Standard Life Investments awards Corporate Governance prize in Stockholm
- 19 April 2012 Standard Life Investments extends expertise in global emerging markets
- 12 April 2012 Signs of improvement
- 10 April 2012 Standard Life Investments adds to its Global Fixed Income capability
- 04 April 2012 3 cheers for 3 years European Equity Income Fund
- 03 April 2012 Standard Life Investments arrives in Switzerland