Our experience in operating across many different investment cycles and markets provides us with the context to manage change. Throughout these cycles, we have the people, philosophy and proficiency of process to plot what we believe is the right course for our clients’ assets.
We understand and value the role played by all our people in delivering exceptional performance. Each individual is accomplished in their own right. However, uniting all our distinct talents through teamwork is what really creates the unique advantage for our clients.
At Standard Life Investments we believe our business is successful because our clients and customers around the world have confidence that we have a depth of expertise, a commitment to excellence and a unique team of talented people dedicated to their needs.
The Lions are special. Four proud nations, one team, coming together to take on the ultimate challenge: to beat the best, to become legends.
With an active management style, our team of dedicated equity investment professionals is focused on generating consistent performance.
Private equity funds provide a compelling means for investors to enhance performance and diversify their portfolios.www.slcapital.com
We offer a wide range of government, investment grade credit, high-yield credit, emerging market debt, inflation-linked bond and multi-asset bond strategies.
Standard Life Investments is one of the largest real estate investment managers in the world.
Standard Life Investments is increasingly gaining a reputation as a provider of innovative multi-asset investment solutions.
To meet the evolving needs of insurers, we have developed capabilities across a broad range of asset classes.
- ESG Investment
- What is governance and stewardship?
- The UK Stewardship Code
- How we discharge our stewardship responsibilities
- Our policy for managing conflicts of interests
- How we monitor our investee companies
- Our guidelines for escalating engagement
- Our willingness to act collectively with other investors
- Our policy on voting and voting disclosure
- How we report on stewardship to our clients
- Our team
- Letters, Statements & Articles
- News & Events
- Useful links
- Governance & Stewardship Annual Review
- Our insight
The House View process provides a consistent macroeconomic framework to analysing global financial markets.
Our Head of Global Strategy, Andrew Milligan, introduces the latest edition of Global Outlook, a summary of our House View.
Standard Life Investments’ Global Strategy team provide regular analysis of the key economic data that has been influencing financial markets.
Our global strategists combine valuable experience, thorough research and analysis to tackle major issues of the moment.
We’re committed to attracting and retaining the talented individuals necessary to maintain our position as one of the world's leading investment houses.
We’re firm believers in only recruiting individuals who we know will contribute to the overall success of the company. This calls for diverse skills and talents, so our recruitment process aims to highlight these attributes in each prospective employee.
Search for our latest vacancies. Find out all you need to know about current opportunities with us, and how to apply.
View our latest Press Releases.
Our dedication to meeting your financial needs is what drives us to deliver excellent performance. We've been delighted to receive a raft of industry awards in recognition of this commitment.
We regularly contribute to debate on topical issues shaping the investment management industry. Below you’ll find our most recently published articles, together with an archive.
We've included some background information on our press team to help you put a face to a name.
Excellence in equities
Standard Life Investments manages a full range of equity strategies that span the risk/return spectrum. While distinct in their risk tolerances and return objectives, our equity portfolios share a common goal: to consistently add value through active management.
Our equity investment process combines focused portfolio management with proprietary research and significant firm-wide resources. Much of our success is based on our exceptional team which adheres to our clear philosophy and robust, repeatable investment process. The team maintains comprehensive coverage of global markets and enjoys direct access to company management at the very highest levels.
Our areas of excellence include:
- Global equities – our global equities team stands at the heart of the more than 60 portfolio managers/equity analysts working across Standard Life Investments. The team draws on its collective investment insights to build global equity portfolios that include its highest conviction ideas. The team’s mandates encompass core, unconstrained and income-oriented strategies.
- UK equities – our highly regarded and well-resourced UK equities team has the full FTSE 350 stock universe under constant research coverage. The team’s investment portfolios span a wide range of strategies, including core, income, unconstrained, high alpha and ethical.
- European equities – our European equities team of seasoned investment professionals invests right across the European equity universe. The team manages a broad range of products to suit various investor profiles, including core, income, ethical and unconstrained.
- GEM equities – our global emerging markets (GEM) equities mandates are managed by a highly experienced and well-resourced team. These include single country and pan-regional portfolios, deploying core, income and unconstrained strategies.
- Smaller companies – our smaller companies team is widely regarded as one of the strongest in the industry. The team scours the under-researched (and under-invested) smaller companies universe to uncover new opportunities to add value to client portfolios, managing UK, European and global mandates.
- Japanese equities - our Japanese equity portfolios are managed by our strategic alliance partner Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank (SuMi TRUST), the largest asset manager in Japan. We believe that this on-the-ground presence provides a critical edge when investing in Japan’s equity markets.
- North American equities – our high-calibre team in Boston invests in the US equities markets respectively, managing a wide range of active North American mandates.
For information on our equities capabilities, please select one of our regional websites below.
* These sites are intended for investment professionals only and should not be relied on by anyone else.