Our experience in operating across many different investment cycles and markets provides us with the context to manage change. Throughout these cycles, we have the people, philosophy and proficiency of process to plot what we believe is the right course for our clients’ assets.
We understand and value the role played by all our people in delivering exceptional performance. Each individual is accomplished in their own right. However, uniting all our distinct talents through teamwork is what really creates the unique advantage for our clients.
At Standard Life Investments we believe our business is successful because our clients and customers around the world have confidence that we have a depth of expertise, a commitment to excellence and a unique team of talented people dedicated to their needs.
The Lions are special. Four proud nations, one team, coming together to take on the ultimate challenge: to beat the best, to become legends.
With an active management style, our team of dedicated equity investment professionals is focused on generating consistent performance.
Private equity funds provide a compelling means for investors to enhance performance and diversify their portfolios.www.slcapital.com
We offer a wide range of government, investment grade credit, high-yield credit, emerging market debt, inflation-linked bond and multi-asset bond strategies.
Standard Life Investments is one of the largest real estate investment managers in the world.
Standard Life Investments is increasingly gaining a reputation as a provider of innovative multi-asset investment solutions.
To meet the evolving needs of insurers, we have developed capabilities across a broad range of asset classes.
- ESG Investment
- What is governance and stewardship?
- The UK Stewardship Code
- How we discharge our stewardship responsibilities
- Our policy for managing conflicts of interests
- How we monitor our investee companies
- Our guidelines for escalating engagement
- Our willingness to act collectively with other investors
- Our policy on voting and voting disclosure
- How we report on stewardship to our clients
- Our team
- Letters, Statements & Articles
- News & Events
- Useful links
- Governance & Stewardship Annual Review
- Our insight
The House View process provides a consistent macroeconomic framework to analysing global financial markets.
Our Head of Global Strategy, Andrew Milligan, introduces the latest edition of Global Outlook, a summary of our House View.
Standard Life Investments’ Global Strategy team provide regular analysis of the key economic data that has been influencing financial markets.
Our global strategists combine valuable experience, thorough research and analysis to tackle major issues of the moment.
We’re committed to attracting and retaining the talented individuals necessary to maintain our position as one of the world's leading investment houses.
We’re firm believers in only recruiting individuals who we know will contribute to the overall success of the company. This calls for diverse skills and talents, so our recruitment process aims to highlight these attributes in each prospective employee.
Search for our latest vacancies. Find out all you need to know about current opportunities with us, and how to apply.
View our latest Press Releases.
Our dedication to meeting your financial needs is what drives us to deliver excellent performance. We've been delighted to receive a raft of industry awards in recognition of this commitment.
We regularly contribute to debate on topical issues shaping the investment management industry. Below you’ll find our most recently published articles, together with an archive.
We've included some background information on our press team to help you put a face to a name.
Principles and policies
How we safeguard your assets
Here you will find details of the corporate governance principles and policies we use in order to make sure your investment is well looked after. If you’d like a more detailed insight, you can take a look at our Governance & Stewardship Principles and Policy Guidelines.
We also have individual regional voting policy guidelines which are tailored to specific market practice and outline our approach in more detail.
We use these guidelines to evaluate corporate governance at companies we invest in, or are considering investing in.
- We seek to increase shareholder value through constructive consultation with companies about their strategy, performance, management and other issues
- We aim to vote all our shares globally unless circumstances make such votes impracticable (eg shareblocking markets) or the costs would outweigh the expected benefit. We always vote our shares in a manner consistent with the best interests of our clients
- We’re open and accountable to our customers about corporate governance activities
- We seek to contribute to the development of the corporate governance environment.
We apply our corporate governance policies in a professional and flexible manner, taking account of a company's particular circumstances. In general, we believe that -
- A company's board should have three or more non-executive directors who are independent of executive management and other conflicts
- A company's board should have a remuneration committee that’s chaired by an independent non-executive director and that comprises a majority of such directors
- Exceptional levels of remuneration should be available for the achievement of exceptional performance
- Directors' service contracts should have notice periods that don’t exceed 12 months
- Companies should be open in their disclosures to shareholders.