Our experience in operating across many different investment cycles and markets provides us with the context to manage change. Throughout these cycles, we have the people, philosophy and proficiency of process to plot what we believe is the right course for our clients’ assets.
We understand and value the role played by all our people in delivering exceptional performance. Each individual is accomplished in their own right. However, uniting all our distinct talents through teamwork is what really creates the unique advantage for our clients.
At Standard Life Investments we believe our business is successful because our clients and customers around the world have confidence that we have a depth of expertise, a commitment to excellence and a unique team of talented people dedicated to their needs.
The Lions are special. Four proud nations, one team, coming together to take on the ultimate challenge: to beat the best, to become legends.
With an active management style, our team of dedicated equity investment professionals is focused on generating consistent performance.
Private equity funds provide a compelling means for investors to enhance performance and diversify their portfolios.www.slcapital.com
We offer a wide range of government, investment grade credit, high-yield credit, emerging market debt, inflation-linked bond and multi-asset bond strategies.
Standard Life Investments is one of the largest real estate investment managers in the world.
Standard Life Investments is increasingly gaining a reputation as a provider of innovative multi-asset investment solutions.
To meet the evolving needs of insurers, we have developed capabilities across a broad range of asset classes.
- ESG Investment
- What is governance and stewardship?
- The UK Stewardship Code
- How we discharge our stewardship responsibilities
- Our policy for managing conflicts of interests
- How we monitor our investee companies
- Our guidelines for escalating engagement
- Our willingness to act collectively with other investors
- Our policy on voting and voting disclosure
- How we report on stewardship to our clients
- Our team
- Letters, Statements & Articles
- News & Events
- Useful links
- Governance & Stewardship Annual Review
- Our insight
The House View process provides a consistent macroeconomic framework to analysing global financial markets.
Our Head of Global Strategy, Andrew Milligan, introduces the latest edition of Global Outlook, a summary of our House View.
Standard Life Investments’ Global Strategy team provide regular analysis of the key economic data that has been influencing financial markets.
Our global strategists combine valuable experience, thorough research and analysis to tackle major issues of the moment.
We’re committed to attracting and retaining the talented individuals necessary to maintain our position as one of the world's leading investment houses.
We’re firm believers in only recruiting individuals who we know will contribute to the overall success of the company. This calls for diverse skills and talents, so our recruitment process aims to highlight these attributes in each prospective employee.
Search for our latest vacancies. Find out all you need to know about current opportunities with us, and how to apply.
View our latest Press Releases.
Our dedication to meeting your financial needs is what drives us to deliver excellent performance. We've been delighted to receive a raft of industry awards in recognition of this commitment.
We regularly contribute to debate on topical issues shaping the investment management industry. Below you’ll find our most recently published articles, together with an archive.
We've included some background information on our press team to help you put a face to a name.
Principle 7 - How we report on stewardship to our clients
We recognise the importance of being accountable to our clients and their advisers on stewardship and voting activities. We aim to provide transparency on our stewardship activities through our regular client reports and other information reported publicly online.
Our segregated pension fund clients receive quarterly reports detailing how we have voted their shares and, upon request, we provide our clients with customised reports on our engagement activities. On occasion, our engagement with investee companies may relate to matters which are confidential and disclosure of our engagement activity may be counterproductive or harm our clients' best interests. In such exceptional circumstances, confidentiality is paramount to achieving the stewardship objective and therefore, the engagement is not reported to our clients until it is appropriate to do so.
In addition to the reports described above, we provide full transparency of our voting activity on our website which is available publicly. We also publish an annual review of our governance and stewardship activities, which provides an account of how we have fulfilled our stewardship responsibilities. The latest Annual Review can be found here.
We also produce a Responsible Investment Quarterly report and White Papers on topical environmental and social issues, which include examples of research and engagement.
We are aware of the importance our clients and their advisers attach to our stewardship activities, including the effective operation of our engagement and voting processes. Therefore, we obtain appropriate independent assurance over the policies and procedures which underpin our stewardship policy statements. The assurance report is available here.
By clicking on the ‘accept’ option below, the reader agrees that:
1. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (“PwC”) accepts no liability (including liability for negligence) to the reader in relation to PwC’s report. The report is provided to the reader for information purposes only. If the reader relies on PwC’s report, they do so entirely at their own risk;
2. The reader will not bring a claim against PwC which relates to the access to the report by the reader;
3. Neither PwC’s report, nor information obtained from it, may be made available to anyone else without PwC’s prior written consent, except where required by law or regulation;
4. PwC’s report was prepared with Standard Life Investments' interests in mind. It was not prepared with the reader’s interests in mind or for their use. PwC’s report is not a substitute for any enquiries that the reader should make; and
5. These terms and any dispute arising from them, whether contractual or non-contractual, are subject to English law and the exclusive jurisdiction of English courts.Decline Accept