Our experience in operating across many different investment cycles and markets provides us with the context to manage change. Throughout these cycles, we have the people, philosophy and proficiency of process to plot what we believe is the right course for our clients’ assets.
We understand and value the role played by all our people in delivering exceptional performance. Each individual is accomplished in their own right. However, uniting all our distinct talents through teamwork is what really creates the unique advantage for our clients.
At Standard Life Investments we believe our business is successful because our clients and customers around the world have confidence that we have a depth of expertise, a commitment to excellence and a unique team of talented people dedicated to their needs.
The Lions are special. Four proud nations, one team, coming together to take on the ultimate challenge: to beat the best, to become legends.
With an active management style, our team of dedicated equity investment professionals is focused on generating consistent performance.
Private equity funds provide a compelling means for investors to enhance performance and diversify their portfolios.www.slcapital.com
We offer a wide range of government, investment grade credit, high-yield credit, emerging market debt, inflation-linked bond and multi-asset bond strategies.
Standard Life Investments is one of the largest real estate investment managers in the world.
Standard Life Investments is increasingly gaining a reputation as a provider of innovative multi-asset investment solutions.
To meet the evolving needs of insurers, we have developed capabilities across a broad range of asset classes.
- ESG Investment
- What is governance and stewardship?
- The UK Stewardship Code
- How we discharge our stewardship responsibilities
- Our policy for managing conflicts of interests
- How we monitor our investee companies
- Our guidelines for escalating engagement
- Our willingness to act collectively with other investors
- Our policy on voting and voting disclosure
- How we report on stewardship to our clients
- Our team
- Letters, Statements & Articles
- News & Events
- Useful links
- Governance & Stewardship Annual Review
- Our insight
The House View process provides a consistent macroeconomic framework to analysing global financial markets.
Our Head of Global Strategy, Andrew Milligan, introduces the latest edition of Global Outlook, a summary of our House View.
Standard Life Investments’ Global Strategy team provide regular analysis of the key economic data that has been influencing financial markets.
Our global strategists combine valuable experience, thorough research and analysis to tackle major issues of the moment.
We’re committed to attracting and retaining the talented individuals necessary to maintain our position as one of the world's leading investment houses.
We’re firm believers in only recruiting individuals who we know will contribute to the overall success of the company. This calls for diverse skills and talents, so our recruitment process aims to highlight these attributes in each prospective employee.
Search for our latest vacancies. Find out all you need to know about current opportunities with us, and how to apply.
View our latest Press Releases.
Our dedication to meeting your financial needs is what drives us to deliver excellent performance. We've been delighted to receive a raft of industry awards in recognition of this commitment.
We regularly contribute to debate on topical issues shaping the investment management industry. Below you’ll find our most recently published articles, together with an archive.
We've included some background information on our press team to help you put a face to a name.
Letters, Statements & Articles
- 29 November 2016 Collective letter to Tokyo Stock Exchange consultation on flexibility of earnings reports and quarterly earnings reports. The initiative was led by Standard Life Investments, Legal & General Investment Management and RPMI Railpen
- 06 September 2016 CII Letter on Proposed Legislation Relating to Proxy Advisory Firms
- 22 April 2016 Letter to German Bundestag re proposed weakening of law on board independence requirement
- 30 November 2015 Standard Life Investments' Response to the Conceptual Framework for Corporate Reporting - Exposure Draft
- 08 October 2015 Standard Life Investments participates in follow up collective engagement to encourage greater board independence in Japan
- 28 August 2015 Response to FRC Audit Firm Governance Code Review
- 29 July 2015 Improving the Quality of Reporting by Smaller Listed and AIM Quoted Companies
- 02 April 2015 Collective letter responding to the consultation by the German Corporate Governance Code Commission on proposed changes to the Governance Code
- 31 March 2015 Standard Life Investments signs collective letter to Italian companies supporting one share, one vote
- 04 February 2015 Letter to French companies regarding the Florange Act
- 29 January 2015 Standard Life Investments submits comments to the Council of Experts on Corporate Governance regarding the proposed Japanese Governance Code
- 18 December 2013 Response to Ministry of Economy Trade and Industry call for evidence
- 21 November 2013 Response to IAASB consultation on audited financial statements
- 15 November 2013 Response to European Financial Reporting Advisory Group Consultation on Financial Reporting
- 12 November 2013 Letter to German Code Commission on Director Appointment Process
- 27 September 2013 Response to European Commission Paper on IFRS
- Response to the Competition Commission Audit Market Investigation
- 18 July 2013 Response to the IIRC consultation on the Draft Framework for Integrated Reporting
- 25 June 2013 Standard Life Group response to EU Green Paper on Long-Term Financing
- 12 June 2013 Letter to the FCA on the statutory objectives of the UKLA
- 03 May 2013 Response to FRC consultation on changes to the auditor's report on financial statements
- Call for evidence - The Cox Review into the impact of 'Short Termism' on British business
- 03 October 2012 Response to the IAASB consultation regarding the Auditor's Report
- 02 July 2012 Letter to the FRC - Revisions to the UK Stewardship Code - Consultation Document
- 14 April 2012 Letter to France Télécom - Combination of chairman and CEO roles
- 04 April 2012 Response to the Competition Commission - Statutory Audit Market Enquiry
- 31 January 2012 Letter to Ministry of Justice, Japan - supporting reforms to Japanese corporate governance framework
- 13 December 2011 Response to IIRC discussion paper on Integrated Reporting
- Comments: Letter to IASB - Agenda Consultation 2011
- FTSE UK Index Series User Consultation
- Call for evidence - The Kay Review of UK Equity Markets and Long-term Decision-Making
- 10 October 2011 Letter in support of proposed changes to the Toronto Stock Exchange Company Manual
- 30 September 2011 Standard Life Investments comments on EU proposals on enhanced disclosure for extractives companies
- 28 July 2011 Gender Diversity on Boards - Response to FRC Document
- 22 July 2011 Letter to European Commission - Response to Green Paper on EU Corporate Governance Framework
- 08 June 2011 Letter to HMT - Lloyds Banking Group plc
- 23 May 2011 Letter to Takeover Panel - Amendments to the Takeover Code 2011
- 28 March 2011 Letter to FRC - Effective Company Stewardship
- 22 January 2011 Standard Life Investments encourages Singaporean companies to conduct voting by poll
- 10 January 2011 BIS Consultation - a long-term focus for corporate Britain
- 02 December 2010 Audit Policy: Lessons from a Crisis - Response to EC Green Paper
- 30 November 2010 Standard Life Investments signs 2010 Global Investor Statement on Climate Change
- 20 October 2010 Letter to the Securities and Exchange Commission - Review of US Proxy System
- 31 August 2010 Corporate Governance in Financial Institutions - Response to EC Green Paper
- 16 August 2010 Rights Issue Fee Enquiry
- 10 August 2010 Joint letter of support sent to several Singapore companies that have improved governance by conducting AGM voting by poll
- 20 July 2010 Review of the regulation of takeover bids
- 28 May 2010 HSBC 2010 AGM Statement by Standard Life Investments
- 22 April 2010 Letter to Senator Christopher Dodd, Chair Senate Committee on Banking
- 07 April 2010 Letter to FRC - Stewardship Code Consultation
- 24 March 2010 Letter to EU Commission re EU shareholder rights
- 03 March 2010 Letter to FRC - Governance Code Consultation
- 01 March 2010 Letter to IASB - Management Commentary
- 10 February 2010 Letter to Lord Myners regarding UK banks
- 26 January 2010 Letter to APB - provision by auditors of non-audit services
- 14 December 2009 Standard Life Investments supports joint investor letter re Korean Draft Bill on Anti-Takeover Defences
- 27 November 2009 Letter to IOSCO on Auditor Communications
- 03 November 2009 Letter to the Greek Ministry of Finance - EU Shareholder Rights
- 08 October 2009 Audit Firms Governance
- Response to the Walker Review
- 27 August 2009 Letter to FRC: Going Concern and Liquidity Risk
- 27 May 2009 Review of the effectiveness of the combined code: call for evidence
- 01 May 2009 Response to the Toronto Stock Exchange on proposed rule changes
- 12 March 2009 Letter to European Commission: Control Structures of Audit Firms
- 13 February 2009 Letter to President Obama - Governance Reform in the US
- 01 December 2008 Letter to Auditing Practices Board - Auditor's Report on Financial Statements
- Questions related to IASC Letter
- 11 March 2008 FRC Letter
- 10 October 2005 Letter to FRC - Implication of the 2003 Combined Code
- 14 September 2005 Letter to ASB - the Role of the ASB
- 07 September 2016 Sports Direct International plc AGM – 7 September 2016 – Statement by Standard Life Investments
- 08 June 2016 WPP AGM – 8 June 2016 – Statement by Standard Life Investments
- 06 May 2016 Clear Path Analysis – Environmental, Social & Governance Investing 2016
- 25 March 2016 European Commission consultation on long-term and sustainable investment
- 03 March 2016 Governance & Stewardship Annual Review
- 28 October 2015 CIMA Presidential Conference Speech by Guy Jubb on 28 October 2015
- 17 September 2015 The Best Asset Manager Presentation at IMD Business School, Lausanne on 17 September 2015
- 01 July 2015 All Party Parliamentary Corporate Governance Group 2015 Annual Dinner Speech by Guy Jubb
- 26 June 2015 Standard Life Investments signs collective statement expressing concern re issue of principal-guaranteed securities in Japan
- 09 June 2015 WPP AGM - 9 June 2015 - Statement by Standard Life Investments
- 04 June 2015 International Corporate Governance Network 20th Anniversary Gala Dinner Speech by Guy Jubb
- 20 May 2015 The Environment – Considerations for companies and investors
- 19 May 2015 Royal Dutch Shell AGM – 19 May 2015 – Statement by Standard Life Investments
- 27 February 2015 Governance & Stewardship Annual Review
- 19 January 2015 Shareholder Rights Directive
- 09 December 2014 Shareholder rights and the secrets of successful engagement
- 19 November 2014 PCAOB 2014 International Auditor Regulatory Institute Washington DC - 19 November 2014 - Summary of Comments by Guy Jubb
- 04 July 2014 Non-executive Directors and the Changing Face of Corporate Reporting
- 11 June 2014 Tomorrow’s Finance Lecture - 'Comply or Explain - Can it Survive in a Global Marketplace?' by Guy Jubb
- 15 May 2014 BG GROUP plc AGM 15 May 2014 - Statement by Standard Life Investments
- 24 April 2014 Barclays Bank plc AGM 24 April 2014 - Statement by Standard Life Investments
- 10 April 2014 BP AGM 10 April 2014 - Statement by Standard Life Investments
- 03 March 2014 Governance & Stewardship Annual Review
- 01 January 2014 Building the Momentum for Effective Investor Stewardship
- 23 December 2013 Article on Activism - Published by Pensions & Investments
- November 2013 Diversity on the Board - Position Paper
- 15 May 2013 RSA Insurance Group AGM 15 May 2013 - Statement by Standard Life Investments
- 12 April 2013 BP AGM 11 April 2013 - Statement by Standard Life Investments
- March 2013 The Ascent of Non-Executive Directors Article
- 20 February 2013 Standard Life Investments and Standard Life plc co-sponsor forum on Integrated Reporting with Royal Society of Edinburgh
- 09 October 2012 Address to the Harvard Law and Business Schools by Jonathan Cobb
- 28 September 2012 Vedanta Resources AGM 28 August 2012 - Statement by Standard Life Investments
- 16 April 2012 Winds of Change Article
- 15 December 2011 Standard Life Investments' Business and Human Rights Report
- 29 November 2011 BSkyB AGM 29 November 2011 - Statement by Standard Life Investments
- 24 November 2011 Standard Life Investments signs 2011 Global Investor Statement on Climate Change
- 01 October 2011 Enhanced Disclosure Guidelines
- 27 May 2011 HSBC 2011 AGM statement by Standard Life Investments
- 23 May 2011 Investor statement in support of the Guiding Principles on Business & Human Rights
- 14 April 2011 Rio Tinto 2011 AGM - Statement by Standard Life Investments
- February 2011 Diversity on the Board - Position Paper
- 18 January 2011 Standard Life Investments signs Investor Statement in support of the work of Professor John Ruggie
- 04 October 2010 European Union Emissions Trading Scheme: Looking Towards Phase III
- 01 June 2010 IFAC Interview with Guy Jubb - June 2010
- 11 February 2010 Iraq recognised as an Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) Candidate - Julie McDowell, Head of Sustainable and Responsible Investment at Standard Life Investments comments on this development
- 04 February 2010 European SRI Transparency Guidelines
- 09 October 2009 Climate Change - The Copenhagen Summit
- 21 September 2009 Standard Life Investments signs the 2009 Investor Statement on a Global Agreement on Climate Change
- 18 May 2009 Offshore wind farms - Do they have a future?
- 30 April 2009 The Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative: Contributing to a better investment climate
- 29 January 2009 Enhanced disclosure guidelines to restore trust and confidence
- 28 November 2008 UN Principles for Responsible Investment interviews Julie McDowell, Head of SRI
- 27 October 2008 Times Article on Remuneration - 'Taking the Rough with the Smooth' - Guy Jubb
- 11 September 2008 Ethical Investment Association Rewards Fund Providers for Transparency on Green and Ethical Issues
- 05 September 2008 European SRI Transparency Guidelines
- 03 September 2008 Standards in the Alcohol Industry
- 13 August 2008 Biofuels - solution or problem?
- 28 February 2008 Access to Medicines
- 15 March 2006 IASB Discussion Paper - Management Commentary
- 12 October 2005 ASB reponses - Accountant Standard-Setting in a changing environment: The Role of the ASB
- 07 October 2005 FRC review letter
- 27 January 2005 Building Sustainable Enterprises Forum - presentation by Guy Jubb
- 21 January 2005 Investor Views on Corporate Responsibility
- 06 July 2004 EU Opinion - Guy Jubb: Enterprise & Engagement
- 08 April 2004 Investor Perspective on Health & Safety
- 18 March 2004 NAPF Investment Conference - presentation by Guy Jubb